Dame Nayeli Vega, Ranger of Folkvanger
- Independent, cautious, romantic, closed-off, dedicated, lonely
- Species: Eagle Skinchanger
- Allegiance: People of Folkvanger
- Age: 28
- Faceclaim: Zoe Saldana
B A C K G R O U N D
- Nayeli was born to a large flock of eagles just north of the Tawny River, and learned from a young age the importance of family and tradition.
- As the daughter of a renowned Ranger it only made sense that she follow her father’s career, but Nayeli’s love of writing and reading and learning all she could often left her feeling less than the best she could be, especially if it disappointed her father so.
- Before taking her final exams as a Ranger, Nayeli flew north to the free cities and explored her interests. After falling in love with the busy city life of Freeport, she promised to return one day.
- She passed her Ranger’s exams with flying colours, but an incident with a sea storm left her left wing permanently damaged. While Nayeli was still an outstanding Ranger and a brilliant contribution to the small community she called home, she could no longer fly without extraordinary pain.
- Unable to travel great distances anymore, the young Ranger pushed aside her dreams of ever seeing Freeport again. Optimistic that one day she would fly again, Nayeli put on a brave face, but the prospect of staying land-bound often brings a dark cloud over her thoughts.
- With the end of the Long Frost, Nayeli has been assigned to stay at home and take care of business in the Huller’s Teeth Ranges. After years and years of obeying orders and missing out on life outside the mountain range, she has guiltily struck out, and begun the journey east alone and on-foot.
D E T A I L S
- In her true form Nayeli appears a lot like a Swallow-tailed Kite. With a crippled left wing, she is unable to fly for longer than a few seconds.
- Like all Rangers of Folkvanger, she is able to wield a sword, a bow-and-arrow, and a pistol. Nayeli is a pacifist, and will always use her words before resorting to violence.
Dame Nayeli Vega is open for applications